- Check your credit score and report regularly
- Make sure your mail gets to you
If you’re moving house, make sure you redirect your mail to your new address so it doesn’t fall into the wrong hands. Limit the information sent to you by utilising online statements, online payslips, direct deposits, and online banking. Opt-out of offers from your bank wherever possible, as these letters can include information that is useful to fraudsters if intercepted.
- Shred your documents
It’s best practice to shred your utility bills, bank statements, and any other documents with personally identifiable information on them before you dispose of them.
- Keeping your social media private
- Remove yourself from the
- Check your bank statements
- Use a combination of strong passwords that are different for every site
- Enable two-factor authentication on your important accounts
- Be wary when opening emails or answering phone calls